Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:23:01 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels - SSG <ChrisMic@sbservices.com>
To:        "'Jason Schwab'" <freaker@null.net>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: small networking..

Can you ping the FBSD machine, from the 98 machine and can you ping the 98
machine from the FBSD machine?

That's the 1st step so see if the two can talk to each other.

Both need to have IP numbers set and be on the same subnet.  What are the
current IP numbers and subnet masks for those 2 machines?

If they can ping one another, they should be able to use FTP, TELNET, etc...
If not, what error messages do you get?