Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:59:29 +0930
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        Raman <ramang@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup propagate?

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:06:39AM +0930, Adam Smith said:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:27:20AM -0400, Raman said:
> > I should rephrase my question.  A new version of apache port came out.
> >  How long will it take the cvsup servers to notice the new version is
> > out so when I cvsup my ports I will recieve it?
>
> My answer is still correct.  It depends on how frequently your CVSup server
> updates.  If it is following the guidelines I provided in the link below,
> then it will be however long that time period is, give or take.

Or perhaps you mean "How long does it take for a new version of Apache,
once released on apache.org, to appear in the ports?"

And the answer is, however long it takes.  The port maintainers are
responsible for porting over to the Ports Collection, and you would have to
ask the port maintainers themselves.  Their contact details are listed in
the files that make up the port (the README I think?)

Adam

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale: Eats lots and is fond of children.