Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 15:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why we should support Microsoft...

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Atipa wrote:

>> 	Stop smoking crack.
>Nice. Very classy argument.

	Just stating facts. :)

>> This is not about Bill Gates having too much
>> money. This is about monopoly. Go read some history with the following
>> keywords: Standard Oil, AT&T.
>
>Those are commodities that influence the basic needs of people (heat,
>elctricity, telephones), and not what OS they use to play Quake. If we
>open the door to this kind of government support, expect a clipper chip
>inside your phone very shortly.

	EXACTLY!!! If you look at where MS invested lately and what they
bought you will realize that 1984 is soon to be here. They bough or
invested almost everywhere: cable, tv, phone, etc. etc. etc. I don't want
to have every appliance soon run windows -- and if the monopoly won't stop
now, this WILL happened. Nobody is going to port FreeBSD to your cable box
or your microwave -- but MS will port their Windows. Embedded NT, Windows
CE, windows for WebTV, WAKE UP!!! Do you want to live in the world like
that? I do not.

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."