Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 17:02:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I Get FreeBSD HandBook ?

Angelo Turetta writes:
> I like very much the work you are doing on the online Handbook.

Thanks!  We hope it will get even better in the future.

> Do you know of any way of getting it to my local httpd, or do you keep
> an ftp-able copy in some fine-printing format (troff, html, .ps)

It is available in source code form (SGML using a slightly
modified version of the linuxdoc DTD) in FreeBSD-current, and the
source code distribution of 2.0.5 ALPHA.  If you are running
either version, you can use the sgmlfmt(1) command to generate
HTML and LaTeX output (the source lives in
/usr/src/share/doc/handbook).  If not, I could tar up a set of
HTML files for you.

-john