Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:47:11 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Andreas Rudisch <"cyb."@gmx.net>
Cc:        Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for fast graphical web browser

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:55:53 +0200, Andreas Rudisch <"cyb."@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 02:32:49 -0400
> Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone suggest a fast graphical web browser?
> Opera.

Traditionally, I would have suggested Opera too, because it has
been my favourite browser for many years now. But with recent
versions, I saw it getting... hmmm... how do I tell best? It's
getting more slower in overall handling, and it often stops
working completely (several seconds); printing isn't as good
as in Firefox, and it won't work on some sites that are no
problem with Firefox. Furthermore, there's lots of stuff now
bundled with the Opera web browser that I (personally) found
no use for, such as a mail client, IRC client, torrent client,
and some other stuff that could easily be called "bloatware".
(Don't get me wrong: The M2 mail client isn't that bad, but
far from lightweight, as the whole Opera is today.)

But maybe that's only "my problem" (due to my ancient computer
and OS). Try Opera. Maybe it works for you.

And: No, I'm no Firefox advocate. :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany