Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:46:09 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who has info on APM?

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 19:47, you wrote:
> > > It's also worth noting that APM in modern laptops is severely
> > > deprecated, and your BIOS may in fact be entirely broken.
> >
> > If APM is severely depricated, how *is* one supposed to monitor battery
> > life, power off on shutdown, and all that?
>
> ACPI.

Ok, thanks.  Although I'm a longtime laptop owner, I've never heard of it
before.

It looks like my computer supports both ACPI and APM.  Right now, FreeBSD is
using APM, and I don't see an ACPI option in the LINT config, although the
ACPI FreeBSD page seems to suggest that ACPI is in the FreeBSD source tree as
of over a year ago.

Is it available in stable or only in current?

Or what's the deal?

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org