Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:34:04 +0100
From:      "Rich Wood" <rich@dynamite.org>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Teles S0/8 problem

I've just installed a Teles S0/8 card (thanks to Hellmuth) into one of my
FreeBSD boxes. However, when booting with the new kernel it is failing as
follows....
<snip>
isic0 at irq1 maddr 0xd000 msized 4096 flags 0x1 on isa

Fatal trap12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address	= 0x20
fault code				= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer		= 0x8:0x20
stack pointer			= 0x10:0xc02e4ed4
frame pointer			= 0x10:0xc02e4ef0
code segment			= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
						= DPL0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process 		= 0 ()
interrupt mask			= net tty bio cam
trap number				= 12
panic: page fault

The machine is running FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE upgraded with i4b 0.81 beta
using FreeBSD/overinstall.sh

The Kernel config file has had the following added to it....

#ISDN bit
options "TEL_S0_8"
device isic0 at isa? iomem 0xd0000 net irq 5 flags 1 vector isicintr

pseudo-device "i4bq921"
pseudo-device "i4bq931"
pseudo-device "i4b"
pseudo-device "i4btrc"  4
pseudo-device "i4bctl"
pseudo-device "i4brbch" 4
pseudo-device "i4btel"  2
pseudo-device "i4bipr"  4
options IPR_VJ
pseudo-device "i4bisppp"        4
pseudo-device "sppp"

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong?

Rich

--
rich@dynamite.org
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane.