Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 17:12:14 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Lars Eighner <stableuser@larseighner.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bring sio up to 8+

On 5/22/2011 7:58 AM, Lars Eighner wrote:

> It seems increasing unlikely that uart will ever support the only internal
> hardware modem recently available in the US (PR kern/155196), so what are
> the chances of sio (which works in 7.x reasonably well and better with a
> one-line hack) being brought forward?

I have a number of these. The modem is indeed identified as

uart2: <Non-standard ns8250 class UART with FIFOs> port 0xe500-0xe507 irq 10 at device 14.0 on pci0
uart2: [FILTER]

uart2@pci0:0:14:0:      class=0x070002 card=0x00d312b9 chip=0x100812b9 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = '3COM Corp, Modem Division (Formerly US Robotics)'
    device     = 'USR5610B (0005610-02) 56K Performance Pro Modem (PCI Internal) (USR5610B)'
    class      = simple comms
    subclass   = UART
    cap 01[dc] = powerspec 2  supports D0 D2 D3  current D0

But other than that, it seems to work just fine for my setup which is dial backup for a pppoe site. Can you post details of your ppp.conf setup and the steps needed to illustrate the problem ?

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400