Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:34:54 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        williamkow <williamkow@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to create a user account with the same permission as "root" ?

Hi,

FreeBSD is not Windows.

You cannot have another "root" in the system.

What you can do is the creation of the group "wheel" and put "william"
into this group.

Allow then all members of "wheel" to access the files needed by the
group "wheel".

I would not do this as it creates many security wholes.

If you just want to do something as root without being root, use su.

Erich