Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:06:51 -0500
From:      rohit.x.tripathi@jpmchase.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   running binaries under linux ABI

Hi, I suppose this question could be answered here, or someone can point
me in the right direction. (I read the linux abi doc before mailing)

I have a dual core laptop with 2 GB RAM which is correctly detected by a
linux app running under fedora 64bit:

rohit@tp/home/q/l64 $ q
KDB+ 2.5 2009.02.05 Copyright (C) 1993-2009 Kx Systems
l64/ 2()core 1978MB rohit tp 127.0.0.1 EXPIRE 2009.09.09

q).z.k
2009.02.05
q)

Under FreeBSD i386 though, it seems to think that the RAM is 1MB and only
one core is available:

KDB+ 2.5 2009.02.05 Copyright (C) 1993-2009 Kx Systems
l32/ 1()core -1MB rohit tp 255.255.255.255 EXPIRE 2009.09.09

q).z.k
2009.02.05
q)

SMP is enabled on my kernel, and it detects both cores during boot, and
with top I can see various processes running in cores 0 and 1.
The vendor does not have a freebsd version. Is there something about the
ABI that can explain this behavior?

If its relevant, I installed the ABI

regards,
Rohit

(as always, please forgive the disclaimer attached to my emails)

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.