Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 08:59:08 +0200
From:      Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installation fails

    > One very funny point was that at the point where I had to give my
    > local time the digit 7 did not work (but 6 and 8 did) - very strange.

    Don't believe the timezone selector.  Believe date(1).

I am saying that the keyboard did not echo the keystroke 7
but it did echo 6 and 8.  Strange indeed.  Some bug in a keymap?

    You can put it back on yourself.  Grab "bootinst.exe" and
    'boot.bin' from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/.

Did you read my question?

FreeBSD has been installed on a partition on my fifth disk.
Now how do I boot it?

I boot Linux from partitions on my third, fourth, fifth and sixth disks
by putting the appropriate kernels on the second disk and giving a
root=/dev/xxx option.

My question is: does FreeBSD have a comparable feature?
And if so, how do I get at a kernel, given the fact that I need
a FreeBSD system to read ufs file systems.

    The OS/2 boot manager should pick it up no problem as long as you've told
    it about it in OS/2 FDISK. I use it here and it works stupendously.

It is impossible to tell OS/2 Warp 3.0 fdisk.
It is possible to tell OS/2 Warp 2.99 beta II fdisk, but it doesnt work
because BM cannot boot from the fifth disk.

Andries