Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 1997 02:37:06 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@calm.imasy.or.jp>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        peter@spinner.dialix.com.au, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12 during boot with -current

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 02 Sep 1997 17:13:45 -0600,
	Steve Passe <smp@csn.net> said:

smp> as you've probably noticed we've fixed several systems suffering from
smp> lkm related problems today.  have you tried rebuilding the ipfw_mod lkm
smp> and installing it manually, ie directly from its directory instead
smp> of with "make world"?  one user found that that fixed another lkm for him.
smp> evidently make world didn't do it right for some reason...

I built lkms during `make world'.  I wish to try that method, but...
I've tried with the kernel cvsuped at Sep 3 and Sep 4.  Although no
lkm module is loaded, when accessing network, the kernel causes panic
frequently.  The UP kernel seems to have no problem.  I'm using vx
driver for 3C905.

ume@imasy.or.jp  ume@iabs.hitachi.co.jp
http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/