Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2018 14:39:07 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        Philipp Vlassakakis <freebsd-en@lists.vlassakakis.de>
Subject:   Re: Jails - IPv4 and IPv6

Philipp Vlassakakis wrote:
> Hello, everybody,
>
> does anyone use IPv4 and IPv6 in production jails and can provide feedback about the configuration and stability of VIMAGE/VNET in FreeBSD 11.2?
>
> Currently I only use IPv4 in my jails (via NAT) and would like to switch to VIMAGE and roll out IPv6.
> How do you use IPv4 and IPv6 with jails?
>
> Thanks and greetings
> Philipp

I use VIMAGE/VNET jails with IPv4 & IPv6 addresses for public access.
VIMAGE/VNET has been stable but only supports ipfw firewall which
includes a bug where all the VNET jails IPFW firewalls log files write
to the hosts IPFW firewall log intermingling the log records. I use
qjail to create and manage my VIMAGE/VNET jails.