Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:00:08 +0200
From:      K.J.Koster@kpn.com
To:        marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: eclipse port

Dear Marc,

A friend of mine has just pointed me to Eclipse this week, and I have been
reluctant to try it because there is no FreeBSD port for it. :)

> I haven't started working on the GTK part yet, but it should
> be straight
> forward. I've now two questions. Is already someone working on a port,
> so that we maybe could join efforts ? And is there something "special"
> about java ports I should consider ? My idea/plan at the moment is to
> put the whole "beast" under /usr/local/eclipse (or PREFIX/eclipse)...

I'd say that ${PREFIX}/eclipse is a good place to stick it. Look at how the
JBuilder port does it, since that is another port of this type.

I'll test this on -stable if you send me the port directory.

Kees Jan