Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:41:16 -0300
From:      Rodrigo Mosconi <mosconi@mosconi.mat.br>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   vfs jail-friendly

Hi all!

I would like to know which File-System are setted as "Jail-Friendly" (JF for
short) on 8.1-PRERELEASE?

On ZFS is marked as JF, but on file
"src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs_dataset.c" the jailed
property was setted as "not supported by FreeBSD".

I notice some wrappers to suport jails in ZFS ("libzfs.h")

As example:
Tales# zfs set jailed=on Tales/t1
property 'jailed' not supported on FreeBSD: permission denied

My big question: Why UFS isn't a JF FS, if the UFS is the native FS (not
ported from others projects, as ZFS, or tempfs)?

All this doubts are because I'm trying to make a diskless-like rc script
(just for fun/test my skills) to startup jails.

I thought a single shared root, with the ZFS dataset as /conf - maybe I need
a separated mount table to use somethink like md devices, or mount the jail
specific etc directly, if the zfs jail command isolate the dataset from the
others jails...

An Utopia (I now that doesn't work, but it's a suggestion):
# mount
Tales/jails/base on /jails/base (zfs, local)
Tales/t1 on /jails/base/etc (zfs, local(?))
Tales/t2 on /jails/base/etc (zfs, local(?))
# jexec 1 ls /etc
test1
# jexec 2 ls /etc
test2