Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 05:36:50 -0700
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vtun 2.3 and FreeBSD 4.1.1

Pete,

Please send technical questions such as this to FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org.

FreeBSD-Newbies is a discussion forum for newbies.
We don't ask for help or answer how-to questions here.

Also, these links may be of assistance:

http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

http://bsdquickstart.freeservers.com/

http://heorot.1nova.com/freebsd/

Thanks,

Joe

Per Tore Larsen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Have a problem one of you might be able to help me with.
> If any actually has build the vtun port, please tell me how you did this.
> (The system described is a "clean install". With only bash and pine
> installed from the ports collection. Everything else is default.
>
> When I try to make the the vtun 2.3 under FreeBSD 4.1.1 I get the following
> error message:
> (the port is located under: /usr/ports/net/vtun)
>
> *-- Start *--
>
> bash-2.04# make
> This port requires the OpenSSL libarary, which is part of the FreeBSD
> crypto distribution but not installed on your machine.  Please see the
> "OpenSSL" section in the handbook for instructions on how to obtain and
> install the FreeBSD OpenSSL distribution.
> ** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Huh?? To my knowlede OpenSSL is installed by default in FreeBSD 4.0 and
> greater.
>
> When to http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/openssl.html only to verify this.
> The only option that the handbook could help me with, was that if I wanted
> some US restricted crypto options I needed to define this in
> '/etc/make.conf'
> and run 'make world'. Well, the file '/etc/make.conf' does not exist on my
> system, and I have never run 'make world' so I desided this shouldn't be
> nessesary for this port to work.  I'm I wrong in this?
>
> My system:
> Freebsd 4.1.1
> IPFILTER and IPFILTER_LOG compiled in kernel.
> Running NAT and a simple IPF config.
> Ports installed:
> Bash2
> Pine