Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:36:16 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: portsnap builds moving from CVS to SVN

Hi all,

Some time in the next 24 hours I expect to be switching the portsnap build
from its current code, which gets bits from CVS, to a completely-rewritten
codebase which gets bits from SVN.

This is made necessary by the fact that the ports svn2cvs exporter is going
away at the end of the month, but will also make possible useful things like
distributing a portsnap snapshot on release ISOs, signing key rotation, and
faster builds via increased parallelization (portsnap builds now run on a
box with 16 CPUs, but most of the code was written for a single-CPU system).

I'm doing my best to test everything, but I can't completely rule out the
possibility that I'll break something -- so if you see anything odd happen
with portsnap in the next few days, please let me know ASAP (via email to
cperciva@freebsd.org or twitter @cperciva).

--
Colin Percival