Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:47:46 +0200
From:      Artifex Maximus <artifexor@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

Hello!

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> QUESTION: Of the various modern Linux distributions, which do you
> prefer? and why?

I used to like Slackware but moved to Ubuntu two or three years before. I
liked Slackware simplicity but its package system was too simple and then I
moved to FreeBSD. Some years before I had found Ubuntu and stayed there for
Linux boxes. Some people prefer Debian over Ubuntu but I dislike Debian
approach on packages (namely patch the older version as long as you can
instead of switch to a newer one).

Bye,