Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:46:38 -0300
From:      Luciano Musacchio <l0kit0@exactas.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   network problem with emulators/qemu

I need to make linux (gentoo) run (emulated) under fbsd 5.3, I'm using QEMU
from ports. I get host and guest pinged ok, but I can't make guest get inet.

There's one thing that doesn't seem to match the info I googled (qemu-docs
says this too), when QEMU starts it doesn't says "Connected to host network
interface: tun0", btw I can't distinguish from tun and tap, the man pages are
almost equal(!?). So I've ignored this and go on with tap0 in my experiments.

Im using NAT in my box (for the 192.168.0 network), and this is the line I
added to ipnat.conf: "map tun0 172.20.0.0/24 -> 0/32"... but I don't think
there's the problem.

Please, ask me if you need more info... I'm totally lost with this one :/

thanks