Date:      15 Feb 2003 22:11:41 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: bsd.gnome.mk [Round 6 is it?]

--=-HqBplN4/9Md4l4PgzCHw

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 20:53, Franz Klammer wrote:
> i've played a little bit with some ports:
>=20
> installed is gnome 2.2:
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> ( GNOME_DESKTOP_VERSION -> result, x=3Dnothing set)
>=20
> file_menu_applet, gnomecore, nautilus1:
> x  -> broken
> 2  -> broken
> 1  -> build

Good...(That is, assuming you actually have the GNOME 2 desktop
installed ;-))

>=20
> vte, libbonoboui, gdm1, gdm2, gedit1, gedit2, acme,=20
> libpanel, gnomedesktop, gnomemedia1, gnomemedia2:
> x  -> build
> 2  -> build=20
> 1  -> build

Good.  This is expected.

>=20
> please correct me but for my understanding didn't come FORBIDDEN=20
> nearer to the reality?

FORBIDDEN is reserved for ports that contain security exploits.  I think
BROKEN is pretty much what we want:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/dads-brok=
en.html

Joe