Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:40:15 -0800
From:      Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ethereal (5-sparc)

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:40:36 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:25:25AM -0800, Joao Pedras wrote:
> >
> > Please cc: me on your reply.
>
> In general these problems are discovered by the package build cluster
> (see http://bento.freebsd.org),

Generally they are but for example a couple days ago I reported a problem that
the maintainer was unaware of.

bento.freebsd.org doesn't seem to provide info about ports in sparc.

> so reporting them isn't useful unless
> they're not mentioned there or you have some light to shed on the
> problem or a solution.

It is with the best of intentions that people report problems. It is in no
way a negative criticism to the wonderful work you guys do.

If I didn'y suggest a solution is because I didn't have time to pursue one. I
do my best to find it when I can.

Thanks for your clarification Kris. I was unaware of bento.freebsd.org.

Joao