Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:12:50 +1000
From:      Richard Perini <rpp@ci.com.au>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcmcia flash card problems after 4.6-S

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 02:56:37PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Maybe the ata driver has changed.  Maybe you should try to upgrade to
> 4.5 and try that and 4.6-release as well.  This will help us track
> down when things went bad.

David Burren <david@burren.cx> suggested changing the index config
parameter from "default" to "0x1" worked for a similar card for
him.  I tried that, and it worked for me.

So my /etc/pccard.conf file now looks like:

# KODAK Picture Card
card "KODAK Picture Card       " "KODAK  "
#	config	default "ata" ?
	config	0x1 "ata" ?

Everything now works fine.  I'm happy to investigate further if it
would help the cause.

Thanks,

--
Richard Perini                                       Internet:  rpp@ci.com.au
Corinthian Engineering Pty Ltd                       PHONE:   +61 2 9906 7866