Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:54:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ref

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, CyberPeasant wrote:

>I find that response absolutely baffling. What are they-- Microsoft
>Academic Partners? Are they making you run NT exclusively? (There
>/are/ places like that.)

Yes, yes. I neglect the standard items (math packages) and the ones that
are not mechanical (spice) in nature. I was thinking of CAD/CAM/FEA
packages when I wrote my reply.

Except for matrices, I have yet to figure out SciLab. Somehow it will
simulate systems.

NASA does not make it's code available on the net according to their FAQ.
There is a cool CD a cdrom.com for NASA stuff. Most of the titles on that
disc are _way_ specific or mention some area of interest I have never even
heard of.

I am no hacker. Not everyone is. So porting most apps is out of the
question for me, epsecially DOS apps. 16 bit issues. Curses issues. Uggh.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/