Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:58:15 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@opt.phys.waseda.ac.jp>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slow query-pr-summary.cgi script

Wolfram Schneider wrote:

> I guess you mean freefall, not catfish. The gnats files
> are on disk /d, locally mounted on freefall. All gnats files
> together are ~30MB large. A local full text search
> took 5 sec, a full text search from hub over NFS more than
> 30 sec (bottleneck ethernet).

Yes the files do reside on freefall and are symlinked
on hub.  My suggestion is to move the whole thing to
catfish: PR repository, scripts, etc.

> A workaround would be to move the gnats cgi scripts from hub to
> freefall.

The load on both of these machines is huge.  I don't
know what -core's intentions are for catfish but IMHO
it would be the logical place for GNATS considering
its current load.

Steve