Date:      Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:10:23 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dependency failures

I have a question about portupgrade.  I have been running portupgrade -ai
on my workstation, and several upgrades failed.  I traced all the failures
to one of two things; a security problem or XML-Parser was missing.
However, XML-Parser was installed.  pkgdb -F returned with no complaints
and pkg-info shows that XML-Parser was installed.

I deinstalled and reinstalled the p5-XML-Parser port, and now all the ports
that failed because of that port are upgrading properly (gnome-desktop,
gnome-menus, metacity, ggv, gnome-themes, gedit, gdm, gal2, filerolller,
eog, nautilus-cd-burner, evolution-data-server, evolution, gnome-panel)

What is the cause of this?  Is there an easier way to correct the problem?
Re- register the port?  (If so, how do you do that?)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member