Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:41:29 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        rg.freebsd@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP and Bridge mode

Hi,

> I am trying to get two machines on the LAN share the same IP address
> assigned by DHCP server by using the bridge interface in rc.conf. But
> I have encountered two problems here.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do, but in general:

you cannot have two machine us ethe same IP address, it just does not
work; whether you use bridge or not.

> The A machine, however, seems to have DNS problems as it cannot
> resolve any addresses.

Try to work out your problems using IP address first and something
simple like ping.

Use tcpdump, you will most certainly see all packets going to machine
B instead of machine A.

Olivier