Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:05:33 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:36:55 -0400 (EDT), Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
Subject: Sendmail
Wrote these words of wisdom:

> I have just noticed this message appearing when I did a reboot of my
> system. I rebooted twice, and the message was there both times. I have no
> idea why, or what I might have done to cause it. Worse, I do not know how
> to correct it.
>
> Starting sendmail.
> Sep 28 09:31:31 seibercom sm-mta[418]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): service
> "smtp" unknown: No such file or directory
> Sep 28 09:31:31 seibercom sm-mta[418]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): service
> "smtp" unknown

I was just checking my /etc/inetd.conf' file, and noticed that there is
no entry for 'smtp' in it. I thought that there was suppose to be one. I
was setting up 'qpopper' on this system the other day, and I am
wondering if I inadvertently deleted something that might have had to do
with this error message.

Strangely enough, everything does seem to work correctly.

--
Gerard Seibert
<gerard@seibercom.net>