Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:38:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Nikolaus Spence <n.spence@geac.com>
Cc:        "'hardware@freebsd.org'" <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: EISA DPT raid controllers

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Nikolaus Spence wrote:
> I have the 2022a card.  The system it's going in is an old AST premmia
> P/60. It has no IDE drives in it so will I need to make a new kernel
> floppy to start it up or should I just slam some IDE disks in there to
> make life easy?

A new kernel would work.

Again, what version of FreeBSD are you going to be running on the box?

I've got stuff that should work as far back as 2.2 but I'll have to dig it
out of RCS.  Or I can just give you the RCS file and let you figure it out
though my check-in comments are less than helpful.

ftp;//ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/dpt_eisa.hack.c,v

I'm going to fix the in tree DPT EISA code once I implement something a
little less ugly to retreive the onboard config via PIO.  (That or figure
out the correct incantation to feed the EISA config regs to retreive the
config ECU style.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |