Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:15:16 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any suggestions for a layer 3 load ablancer for 12, as relayd doesnt work anymore

So, until the middle of this afternoon I was, doing my load balancing using
relayd from ports and PF. My own fault for not checking, but I upgraded
one of the firewall pair to 12 and then discovered that the relayd port is
no longer available.

Am now puzzling over solutions to this - I dont really want to stay on
11 forevere. Moving to OpenBSD to get their PF and relayd is a bit of
an uncomfortable idea as we gain a lot from having one OS everywhere that
people know, so does anyone have any suggestions ?

PF round robin is not good enough for this as I have some dynamic problems
which indicate when a node is up or down. Relayd will check these, but the
basic PF wil not as far as I know.

What do other people do ?

cheers

-pete.