Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:13:32 -0700
From:      "Franco Gasperino" <franco@extreme-ware.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.x stable & large NFS services

  Hello list,

  I'm in the process of creating a large NFS system for exporting mail
spools (Maildir) to several frontend mail servers, and wanted to know about
potential issues to look for. The system will be a dual p3 with a lot of ram
and hardware raid, and i'm testing fbsd 4.3 vs linux 2.4 for NFS sharing.
I'm concerned about SMP (not speed, but stability) on fbsd, and am looking
for honest advice on which use. I will be running my own tests on each, but
look forward to input from the list.

  Franco Gasperino
  Extreme Software
  http://www.extreme-ware.com/