Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:36:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Subject:   Re: xmame doesn't build: sdl problem

[ On Tuesday, March 26, Stijn Hoop wrote: ]
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> do you by chance have the devel/libusb port installed? It interferes
> with the standard libusb and is *not* compatible with it. It's not an
> xmame problem, the libusb port should be fixed.
>
> CC: maintainer of libusb port.

this discussion has come up several times in the last year (about libusb and
our "native" USB libraries). I can not fix it. The general consensus when I
imported the libusb (from the Linux world) was that our "native" libusb needed
to change its name. Long ago (about a year) Lennart (from NetBSD) said "no
problem" to that but I haven't seen the library name change in the USB stack. I
don't know if this is planned or if there is a plan in place to even make this
happen. USB developers, is there a plan to change the HID library "native" to
the OS to another name (yes we have rehashed this subject several times on
usb-bsd before ....)?

Time is short at this point. Over the weekend when this first message came in I
tried to look at the xmame port to see if I could hack around the problem. If I
can I will continue this effort tonight and post anything I can come up with.

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen@reynoldsnet.org  http://www.reynoldsnet.org/
Sr. Component Design Engineer, ICG, Intel Corp.    jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com