Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:27:05 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: a GTK-using application crashes, when LANG is set to non-UTF8

30.06.2010 11:29, Pav Lucistnik ΞΑΠΙΣΑΧ(ΜΑ):
> On 2010/06/30 17:27, Mikhail T. wrote:
>
>> Or, perhaps, this can be controlled by the the glib20-port's
>> "COLLATION_FIX" knob? If so, then it should be set on by default...
>
> I admit I know very little about this, but all Gtk is UTF-8 only
> and any kludge knob that changes that should never ever be set to on
> by default.
So, are we saying, users with LANG set to *./NON-UTF/ should expect
their localized Gnome apps to crash on FreeBSD? That certainly is not
the case on Linux and other OSes...

It would be nice to get a response from the Gnome-team on this matter
though...

    -mi