Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:34:03 -0600
From:      "Mike A. Oligny" <mike@freebsd.schema.ca>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gaim-0.58

On June 17, 2002 08:35 pm, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> This shouldn't happen.  bsd.gnome.mk will only install GNOME if you hav=
> WITH_GNOME defined, or you _do not_ have WITHOUT_GNOME defined and
> ${X11BASE}/bin/gnome-config exists.

My point is - how many things do we have to worry about like this?
There are always little ways around these things that (new) users end=20
up having to learn the hard way - perhaps I did have gnome-config...=20
how can I stop something else from installing that?   (etc)

I can just not use ports - but I'm thinking there has to be a better way.

Thanks for all the tips, everyone.  :)

-Mike