Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 01:25:05 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?B?Qmr2cm4gS/ZuaWc=?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: New FreeBSD Logo

He became a mascot only after the 'new-logo' people
started agitating for the sex-ball.  Prior to that all the
literature referred to him as a logo, when the word logo was
used.  (which wasn't often, but it was used)

This is nothing more than an argument of appeasement and
has been explained before in this forum, please quit insulting
our intelligence.  We all know that Beastie's place as the
logo has been supplanted, and your side won, and your crude
attempt to explain away Beastie is insulting.  You won, be
content with that.

Ted