Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 1996 22:58:14 -0700
From:      Leonard Chung <Leonard@pacbell.net>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org, wookie@es.co.nz
Subject:   Re: compaq boot disk

>the bsd installation boot disk doesn't work on my compaq presario 524. I
>have a feeling that I will need a boot patch, that I think the patch
>must exist but I don't have a clue where to find it.

I had some problems at first getting the boot disk to work.  I found that
Netscape doesn't ftp the boot disk correctly (even though I held down
control to tell it to just save the file instead of displaying it).  After
FTPing the disk image with another FTP client, it worked fine.

Hope that helps,

Leonard
--
Leonard Chung <Leonard@eff.org>
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online        ()