Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:39:07 -0600
From:      Ryan Coleman <ryan.coleman@cwis.biz>
To:        Ryan Coleman <editor@d3photography.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Runaway ProFTP?

Does anyone have any ideas?

On Dec 9, 2010, at 3:12 PM, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> Dear list,
>=20
> Has anyone else had experience with ProFTP 1.3.3a running away with =
processes? I installed it about 2 months ago with a new server build and =
over the course of the last three weeks I've had to forcibly kill, wait =
and restart the service every one-to-three days and sucking up between =
20% and 80% of my system resources.
>=20
> I've attempted to change the logging in hopes to track down what is =
causing the problems but I have not been successful. Additionally it =
won't connect after a restart through Filezilla but using Terminal on my =
MBP it will connect in the CLI.
>=20
> It's not the end of the world (for me) but it is for my staff when =
they have to upload large numbers of photos.