Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:59:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alan Corey <coreya@mbs.valinet.com>
To:        gkshenaut@ucdavis.edu
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO and non-PAO in same source tree

> This is probably a dumb question, but can you still produce non-PAO
> kernels after installing the PAO source distribution?
>
> -Greg Shenaut

I doubt it, because PAO patches things all over, BUT, there's no reason
you have to build your kernel on the machine you're going to run it on.

Build your kernel on a desktop or other non-PAO machine (just don't make
install at the end), then rename it slightly and get it where you need it.
Then follow the instructions in the handbook for manually installing a
kernel at the end of the section on kernel building.

  Alan Corey