Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 00:47:49 +0200
From:      Zeo Smeijsters <FreeBSD@Zaleo.nl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD@Zaleo.nl
Subject:   Logitech Cordless Deskpro Optical on FreeBSD 5.0

Dear people,

Don't know if this is for the hardware mailing list, but hope somebody can
help me out.

The mouse of my Logitech cordless desktop optical set is not working. My
wired Logitech mouse works fine on the same ps/2 port.. When I connected my
Logitech Cordless Mouse I see a error message during boot: Starting moused:
unable to open /dev/psm0: No such file or directory..

There is no psm0 file in the /dev dir but ./MAKEDEV is no longer
possible/necessary because my unit works with devfs.

The kernel is set and build to:
device psm	# ps/2 mouse

The /boot/device.hints to :
hint.psm.0.at="atkbdc"
hint.psm.0.irq="12"

In dmesg psm is not present ?

I have tried to NOIDPROBE the /dev/psm0 device by setting
/boot/device.hints to :
hint.psm.0.flags="0x200"

and I have tired HOOKRESUME (flags="0x6200").

I have rebuilt the kernel with a larger time out for the atkbdc device by
adding this lines to the kernel :

option KBD_RESETDELAY=500 #Normal 200
option KBD_MAXWAIT=10 #Normal 6

This all didn't  solved the problems.

Hope somebody haves any suggestions to help me ? Or is this mouse really
not a option under FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE ? Don't hope/think so.

This mouse works fine on my Windoze system, It's a Logitech Cordless Mouse
M/N:M-RP67 P/N:851837-0000 whit a dual mouse and keyboard receiver  M/N
C-BG17 P/N: 830680-0000.

Please help me out on this issue, greetings
Zeo Smeijsters