Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:03:04 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Bertram Scharpf <lists@bertram-scharpf.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] Show nice columns of numers

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:32, lists@ wrote:
> Hi,
>

> my company is going to shoot a TV spot that will show me at work.
> The first thing my desktop will contain is some BSD/FreeBSD logo.
>
> As it will be a movie, not a photograph, I would like to have huge
> columns of numbers running over the screen or at least one window.
> Does somebody know a programm that produces such nice output?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bertram

Nice output so far. I like seeing all these examples Polytropon's to be
specific.

Here is another one for you that is a little unique that you might not see
on every computer out there.

Integer Sequences database located here:
fetch http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/stripped.gz

Put some real previous work back to work!. ;)

sed & awk that file to your liking to change commas spaces or such around
so it can be spilled out to a terminal then toil the end result with the
something like the following.

# For bourne style shells.
for line in `zcat stripped.gz`; do echo $line && sleep .02 ;done

The above command on that file will show you the reason why some awk'ing
might be needed but that's up to you.

Best of luck.

--

  Wed Oct 28 22:52:47 2009 -0500