Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:58:44 +0200 (EET)
From:      Olli Jarvinen <oltaja00@otol.fi>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Andreas Brodmann <andreas.brodmann@gmaare.migros.net>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.2-stable

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:

> FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE is what you get when you take 4.2-RELEASE and then use
> cvsup to update to the latest -STABLE line. there is no -STABLE ISO or
> directory because you must update to it using sourcecode.

It seems that cvsup thing is the standard way to go with STABLE.
But there *is* a STABLE downloadable, and that's what I installed:

From=20the main page -> Getting FreeBSD -> Handbook chapter on=20
obtaining FreeBSD -> FTP sites -> Mirror sites database ->
i386 snaps available -- and there we have a page with the three
latest CURRENTs and the three latest STABLEs! :) There seems to be
just one mirror site, though, but it is there anyway.

--=20
        Olli J=E4rvinen        mail:  oltaja00@otol.fi
  "There is the easy way, and there is the right way."