Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:40:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Mark Hendriks <markh@lon.imag.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem: ppp0 not found

when ppp ON lon> comes up, try typing term to enter terminal mode
then type ATDT5551212  (your isp's number)
log in with username and password or whatever the isp requires
You should get
PPP ON lon>
type show route
You should have an ip address for yourself and one for your isp in
the left-hand column
type
add default <isp's ip address>
if there's no default route shown
I really don't think you need DHCP, but perhaps you do.  Hope
this works.

	Annelise