Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:37:35 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        Lefteris Chatzibarbas <lefcha@hellug.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA still broken

Lefteris Chatzibarbas wrote:

>>>FreeBSD -CURRENT detected all my devices correctly before this commit:
>>>
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2004-January/016447.html
>>>
>>> sos         2004/01/11 14:08:35 PST
>>
>>That doesn't help me much at all, it was broken before at probe but
>>that was newer noticed since it worked afterwards.  What device do you
>>have exactly ? I've found out that LiteON burners fails consistently
>>here, but have no idea why yet.
>

> After the "sos 2004/01/11 14:08:35 PST" commit mentionted in my previous
> mail, system hangs during boot and I have already sent a more detailed
> message (hardware, verbose boot, etc.) about this on freebsd-current@ a
> couple of days ago (some threads above this):
>
>   Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:17:43 +0200
>   Subject: System still hangs with "ata1-master: TIMEOUT - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE"
>
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/019497.html
>
> Note, that recent commits such as:
>
>   sos         2004/01/28 12:38:51 PST
>   sos         2004/01/28 13:54:41 PST
>
> ... did not correct the problem.

Well I have no idea whats causing this except those drives does
something they shouldn't.

I'll try to get ahold of one of those faulty devices, but until then
your best bet is to dive in yourself and try to figure out what goes
wrong. I think we have a Liteon at work that I'll hopefully be able to
borrow late next week, of that shows the troublesome behavior I'll work
on a solution..

--
-S?ren