Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:29:36 -0500
From:      Steve Fettig <lists@stevenfettig.com>
To:        budsz <budsz@kumprang.or.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error courier-imap

Budsz,

I haven't compiled courier-imap for quite a while, so I can't remember
an error I was getting was similar to yours or not - - it was solved,
however, by using gmake, not make.  I would suggest, on the other hand,
trying to install courier-imap from the ports
(/usr/ports/mail/courier-imap) - it appears that the latest port tree
does not use ver. 1.4.6, but 1.4.3.  Unless there is a specific reason
to use the version you are trying, I would see if the ports way of
installing courier will work for you.  Check the Makefile for the
different arguments you are looking for, too.  --disable-root-check,
--without-authuserdb seems to be part of the vanilla install.  I usually
manually modify the Makefile to include arguments I would like in there,
but that is another issue alltogether.

Steve