Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:56:57 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Grip CD Player/Ripper/Encoder Status

I've been working with the author doing testing and some code fixes,
and 2.99.x series (last testing versions) are set to hit sourceforge.net
tomorrow.

Once 3.0 hits I'll upgrade the port.

Here's what he said in his last email to me:

<quote>
Other than fixing the problem with the ripper executable, I don't plan
to make any changes before 2.99.0, and I don't anticipate many changes
after that before 3.0. I really want to get a 3.0 build out there. The
current version is *much* better than 2.96 (the last non-devel version)
and many folks will have avoided the 2.98.x versions because they were
development.
</quote>

--
Alan Eldridge