Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:15:38 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@mi.uni-koeln.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Symbios 875 activity LED?

On 1999-01-17 01:25 +0100, Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr> wrote:
> According to David Kelly:
> > otherwise unused "Turbo LED" wires. Observed the internal LED works at
> > boot time. And lights the external too. But still not under FreeBSD.
> > There was some talk of this long time ago. Did it not make it into the
> > distribution?
>
> Add the following to your config. file. Why it is not the default just
> escape me...

Very simple: Because the driver can't read the vendor print on your
card, and it might be from, say, Tekram, and the GPIO pins might
have been wired differently, and may, for example, attempt to write
some undefined values to your Flash BIOS on the card ;-)

> options     SCSI_NCR_SYMBIOS_COMPAT # for LEDs

Be aware that this works only with cards with SDMS BIOS (and I'm not
even sure, whether it works with all of them).

Regards, STefan