Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:05:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommend a NIC

> Hi,

> I've been using a load of 3Com 509 NIC's and having
> the usual Buffer/Driver problems.

> My boss has said I can buy some new NIC's. So what
> does everyone suggest?

<snip>

I recommend reading, inter alia, the following -questions thread: "Who's got
the cheapest 100-BT Ethernet NIC?". :-)

In this connection, you might want to browse the archives
(http://www.freebsd.org/mail), or "google" (http://www.google.com).

One aside.
As to the Intel Etherexpress 100 B Pro (aka "PILA8460B"), it appears not to be
currently available in Italy -- according to the responses I received a couple
of weeks ago from a number of [Intel] distributors/resellers. Moreover, it
would seem that, at the moment, the card isn't available in Europe, either.
YMMV.

-- Salvo