Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:23:58 -0800
From:      John Irwin <jdi@ninthwave.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM and quantum disc

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> >  <QUANTUM XP32275W LXY4> Fixed Direct Access SCSI2 device
> >  Serial Number PCB=2011300002  ; HDA=182710655437
> >  40.0MB/s transfers (20.0MHz, offset 16, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabled
>
> You should be running LYK8 on that drive.  That doesn't excuse the
> ncr driver panicing of course, but it may help you to avoid the problem.

Thanks for the tip.  I eventually found a pointer to the updated firmware in
the archives, and after several frustrating hours (turns out only the newest
Fireport DOS driver is capable of running qshr_ldr) was able to flash the
drive to LYK8.

Unfortunately I got the same crash as before, although it took quite a bit longer
to occur.

> Can you hook up a serial console or remote gdb and give me an exact traceback?
> Either that or transpose the traceback by hand.  A listing of the contents
> of the ncr_ccb would be useful too.

I did list the top few frames.  You need the frames from before the ncr_intr()
call?
If you're referring to the cp->ccb at the time of the crash, it is null, which
is why it crashes. :-'

I'll try to get a remote gdb working and get some more info.

    -- John