Date:      Thu, 3 May 2018 18:33:35 +0800
From:      blubee blubeeme <gurenchan@gmail.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>,  Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@freebsd.org>,  Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: reccomendation for a building architecture schematic diagram editor ?

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.com> wrote:

> I wrote Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:21:20 +0200
>
> > Hi ports@freebsd.org people,
> > Might any of you have a FreeBSD ports/ reccomendation for a building
> > architecture schematic diagram editor, please ? To plan eg big house room
> > layouts { furniture moves, building sale / rent} etc ?
> >
> > I'm not looking for professional architects or structural engineers
> > tools to plan new buildings.  I'm not looking for millimetre precise
> > kitchen layout programs if such exist, I'm just looking to produce
> > the sort of plan one gets from estate agents, and on landlord/
> > tenant rental contracts etc.
> >
> > I searched, but nothing from https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi
> >
> > Only port I can think of is xfig, which I've used for other things
> >       https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/graphics/xfig/
> > but wondering if something else more appropriate exists ?
> >
> > Looking for something to tart up my hand sketches & a raft of
> > measurements hand written on them, taken from a laser measurer.
> >
> > I'm not looking to include a bluetooth professional laser measurer
> > to PC/android data transfer, though they exist, I just bought a
> > much cheaper simple laser measurer, & content to hand edit.
>
> Thanks to all respondents. Summary since:
>
> Probably best for my purpose
>   /usr/ports/cad/sweethome3d
>     make package builds on 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE,
>     make package-recursive breaks, ** To be retried later.
>     Supports MS users & use live on web too.
>     http://www.sweethome3d.com
>     Mouse clicks can set to metric.
>
> Possibly:
>   /usr/ports/cad/librecad
>     make install OK on 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE
>     make package failed on 12.0-CURRENT,
>     RUNNING unsetenv NOCLEANDEPENDS make clean make package-recursive
>     Mouse:
>       Failed from 9.2-RELEASE X display host to remote 12.0-CURRENT
> librecad
>       host.  Mouse OK on 9.2-RELEASE with local screen & librecad.
>     http://librecad.org/
>         a free Open Source CAD application for Windows, Apple and Linux.
>     Supports MS users too
>
> Other Like Xfig, useable but perhaps not ideal for requirement :
>   /usr/ports/graphics/xfig
>
>   /usr/ports/graphics/dia
>     make package OK on 12.0-CURRENT
>     No units to set to metric or imperial.
>
>   /usr/ports/graphics/tgif
>     make package OK
>     Like xfig.
>     Mouse switch to metric grid.
>
> Broken on my 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE hosts
>   /usr/ports/cad/brlcad
>     http://www.brlcad.org/
>     On 9.2-RELEASE Running unsetenv NOCLEANDEPENDS; make clean; make
>
> No executable, Just libraries:
>   /usr/ports/graphics/kdiagram
>     http://projects.kde.org/kdiagram
>
> Cheers,
> Julian
> --
> Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix,
> Munich
> [...]
I forgot that cad/brlcad is broken in ports.

I have a semi working port where it installs in a {LOCALBASE}/brlcad dir
and not in the typical install location.

If you'd like to try that let me know, it's a great piece of software but
I've been too busy this year to actually do much work on computers.

Best,
Owen