Date:      Wed,  5 Jun 2002 10:07:23 +0200
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Transport in Postfix when destination is an offliner

Hi.

I have a network consisting of two boxes; muay and ninja. Muay is the
gateway server, running all the services, while ninja is my workstation
located in my parents room which due to it's sound, has to go off at night.

My goal is to have mail for $mydomain, ninja.$mydomain and admin.$mydomain
go through muay, and transport it to ninja whenever it is online.

muay, ninja and admin are all CNAME aliases in muay's BIND configuration.

I hope this won't cause conflicts with the transporting, which is what I'm
currently stressing with. No mails ends up at ninja, that is my problem. So
far ninja successfully relays its e-mails through muay, and here is my
current configuration:

postconf -n [muay]:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$myhostname, ninja.$mydomain,
admin.$mydomain, $mydomain
mynetworks = 217.13.29.51, 192.168.0.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
relay_domains = $mydestination
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination

cat transport [muay]:
ninja.terrabionic.com   smtp:[192.168.0.2]

postconf -n [ninja]:
relayhost = muay.$mydomain

What am I missing, and what other options do I have?

Thanks.

-- Johann