Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:20:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        lioux@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KaZaA port (not working, help if you can)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 lioux@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         KaZaA (TM) is a peer-to-peer file-sharing client based on
> FastTrack (TM) Technologies.  It works just like both Morpheus or
> Grokster.
>         KaZaA just released a Linux limited version of their Windows
> client.  I have made a port of it that could work with our linux
> emulation but does not on my system.  I am running a 4.4-Stable as
> of 4/10/2001 with a linux-base 6.1
>         I run kazaa, the programs starts, it asks me subscribe to
> the service. However, it core dumps as soon as I enter a password.
>         So, my findings are that it DOES NOT WORK. I am hoping that
> it does not work for ME.

It works for me on FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE from today with linux_base-6.1.
That is, it doesn't core dump.  It tries to connect, but then stays there
trying to connect.  I think it may be a problem with KaZaA itself.  A
sniffer shows packets going out to the KaZaA server's, but then they stop
talking.

Joe